3/5/16

Grain-Free Chicken Parmesan

I made up this recipe in my head and it ended up great! It was even easy enough for Gonzalo to finish it off with directions in a text message. Chicken Parmesan is so yummy and comforting, but the fried coating that it usually has isn't so healthy. This is a great alternative!

Grain-Free Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash
Serves 4

1 spaghetti squash, cooked 
2 cups clean spaghetti sauce (I used the sauce from Fixate which is my favorite)
1 lb chicken cutlets or chicken breasts butterflied thin
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
1 cup Italian cheese blend 

1. Add cooked spaghetti squash strands to an 8x8 glass dish. 
2. Stir in about 1 cup of the sauce and mix well. (I did steps 1 and 2 on the weekend)
3. Lay chicken cutlets on top of the squash in one even layer. 
4. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. 
5. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken and top with an even layer of cheese. 
6. Bake at 425 until chicken is cooked through and cheese is brown. 

I figured the Fix equivalents would be 1 red, 2 green, and 1 blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment