6/24/15

Chicken with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream Sauce

I had some friends over for lunch the other day and decided to make them something with zucchini noodles.  As I always do when I have company, I chose to make a recipe I've never made before, and didn't even follow a recipe, just used a few as a guide.  I don't know why I do this, but it usually works out just fine.  The end result was really good!  Creamy from the avocado, tangy from the lemon juice, nutritious from the zucchini, and filling from the chicken!  I will definitely make this again! When I do make it again, I will add a photo. We ate it so fast I didn't get a picture!

Chicken with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream Sauce

Serves 4

2 cups cooked and diced chicken
4 medium sized zucchini
1 small avocado
1 clove of garlic
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt

1. Prepare the avocado cream sauce.  In a food processor, pulse the garlic clove a few times to break it down.  Add the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Puree until the mixture is well combined and creamy.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.  If your chicken is cold, add the chicken and saute 2-3 minutes until heated through.  While the chicken is cooking, prepare your zucchini noodles.  I use a Vegetti, but you could use a food processor with the correct attachment, or a vegetable peeler and make strips.

3. Once the chicken is heated thoroughly, remove from the pan and add more olive oil to the pan.  Increase the heat to high.  Saute the zucchini noodles for 3-5 minutes.

4, Combine the chicken, zucchini noodles, and avocado sauce and serve!

I hope you enjoy this recipe.  Let me know if you tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment