5/31/15

What We Are Eating This Week (6/1)


It's time for my weekly meal plan!  In case you are wondering how I come up with this, here is my method.  

1. Look in the fridge and see what I still have on hand
2. Shop sales at the store
3. Find/create recipes using those things

That seems to be the most cost effective way I've found.  I definitely find recipes ahead of time and shop specifically for those at times, but it's not always the case.  Sometimes I don't even know I'm going to the store until 20 minutes before it's time to go.  That leaves me little time to plan!  So, I usually just load up on produce, lean meat, whole grains, and canned items like tomatoes and beans.  Those provide a good base for just about any recipe.

This week we are having...


(will prep this Sunday and use for lunches during the week)






(will sub honey for the brown sugar and add green bell peppers)


Also, these recipes are more of a guideline.  I usually tweak things a little to either make them cleaner or fit ingredients I have on hand.  Either way, at least I have a plan!  What are you cooking this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment