12/21/15

Our Favorite Holiday Foods


My passion for cooking began in college.  I started watching Food Network and learned so much.  I loved recreating the things I saw on TV and challenging myself to try new things.  When Gonzalo and I first got married, I cooked all kinds of fun recipes and spent money and time in stores like Sur la Table and Bed Bath and Beyond.  Some of that has changed since having kids, but I still love cooking. The holidays are a good time for me to get creative in the kitchen again.  I've found a few solid recipes that we all love and we've been making them for the past couple of years.  I used to want to try new things each year because there are so many options out there, but these recipes have stuck around!


Pomogranate, Kale, Walnut, and Wild Rice Salad with Feta is so good!  I looks super pretty and the flavors are awesome.  This is perfect to make the day before and just add the dressing right before.

Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips, and Brussel Sprouts is an easy way to get lots of veggies and healthy carbs!  The flavor from the herbs is so good.

This Good Eats Roast Turkey is the most flavorful turkey I've made.  I think the combo of the brine and the aromatics that go inside really make is amazing.  Alton Brown knows his stuff!

Clean Eating Cranberry Sauce is a million times better than the canned stuff and so easy!  I top my turkey with this instead of gravy.  I think it has so much more flavor.

I like to save my carbs for dessert and this Sweet Potato Pie is worth it!  It's not really clean eating, but my theory on dessert is that it should be the real deal!  No need to go halfway on something that's meant to be a treat!

I hope these recipes help you with your Christmas meal planning.  

Oh, and if you need a recipe for holiday breakfast, try this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment