12/2/15

Homemade Wheat Tortillas


This recipe is just so good. I can't make it too often or I would go way overboard on carbs. It's hard to eat just one or two! I love this recipe because the ingredients are things everyone has on hand and the tortillas are so much better than store bought, and they are preservative-free! I've experimented with a few variations and this one is the best. Give 'em a roll!
Homemade Wheat Tortillas
3 cups flour (I use 2 cups white whole wheat and 1 cup all purpose)
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 heaping tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients and kneed until well combined.
2. Preheat two nonstick skillets over medium heat. (So you can cook two at once)
3. Divide dough into 12 equally sized balls.
4. Roll them out as you cook them. Cook approximately 2 minutes per side, until slightly blistered.
5. Pile into a tea towel to keep warm until dinner.
These keep well in the fridge if you have any leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment